Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Leap Year Lovelies

Yesterday after I got Mila ready for school,
I just marveled at her. 
She's growing into a little lady faster 
than I can comprehend,
and she looked so adorable.
 It was also leap day,
so I thought I'd snap a few pics with my iPhone
 to commemorate the morning.
This one (with the help of an Instagram filter)
 may have turned out the best, 
but to be honest the little stinkers 
weren't really cooperating.
I couldn't get just the right picture
and was getting a little aggravated with the girls.
But later I looked the photos over and realized 
they captured this morning better 
than a "perfect" picture ever could. 
Mila is holding a wooden daily calendar 
that we try to remember to turn each day. 
99 percent of the time Mila takes care of it.
She wanted it in the picture to prove it was leap day.
"If you have good thoughts, 
they will shine out of your face like sun beams
 and you will always look lovely."
--Roald Dahl

1 comment:

  1. So adorable, Kelly!! Such special little girls! Love them!

    ReplyDelete