Friday, May 30, 2014

Sensory Play For All!

Willow is starting to get into
 everything she isn't supposed to, 
and it's hard always saying "No" to this face...
 This face however...
...gets told "No" plenty. 

So when I cleaned out my cupboards and found
3/4 of a package of brown rice gluten-free spaghetti,
 that, let's face it, nobody
 in this family is ever gonna eat, 
I thought I could use it to let the girls
 have some fun without being told NO. 
I went to Pinterest to see if "spaghetti sensory play" 
was a thing. It is. 
There were lots of rainbow spaghetti pins. 
We chose two colors (food coloring)
 and tossed them with cooked pasta in Ziplocks.
 
Mila complained the noodles were stinky,
so I  added a teaspoon of rose water left over
 from the time Daddy was AWESOME and made these 
Champagne waffles with chocolate butter. 
Any fun scented extract would work.
We also used just a touch of canola oil to 
prevent the noodles from getting too sticky.
I love that little babies can play along too.
 If they put it in their mouth, no biggie!
They were occupied for quite a while, 
and Mommy didn't have to say "No!"
for nearly a half hour. Record breaker.
It got a little messy, so we put an old blanket down, 
I'd recommend playing with it outside.  
Cheap fun for kiddos of all ages.
Ta Da!

No comments:

Post a Comment