Monday, May 19, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

I don't mean to brag, but...I'm gonna go ahead and brag.
I had the most wonderful Mother's Day.
After quickly snapping these pics,  
I was brought coffee and instructed to stay in bed until
breakfast was served to me by Daddy and MQ.
Perfectly cooked bacon, homemade pancakes
 and over-easy eggs.
Daddy admitted to me later that he had NEVER
fried and egg before and actually 
had to research it on Google!
This astounded me.
Anyhow, they came out great. 
I also got these amazing hand-painted plates from Mila,
and some pretty yellow tulips.
Following breakfast we put a ton of work into our patio,
which was exactly what I wanted to do.
We replaced the stones with rubber pavers so the baby can 
crawl around. I planted herbs and lettuces. 
I spray painted the sandbox gold--it came out so cute! 
I also used some chalkboard paint on a board 
we had sitting around & hung it on the fence.  
We cleaned every cranny, so it's safe for the girls to play.
We hope to be out here A LOT this summer. 
Daddy had made a reservation at Frontier 
for their Mother's Day Buffet in the afternoon.
We cleaned up and headed out.
The food was excellent, and the company even better.
This little tabletop toy is probably the best money
 we've spent on a baby toy--
usually Wills is more interested 
in keys, pens, old receipts etc.,
but this one is great for taking to restaurants. 
After a bit more work in the yard, 
we settled in for the evening.
Mila likes to brush Mommy's hair...
But nobody's hair looks more awesome
 brushed out than Mila's!
I feel super blessed to be a Mommy to 
these girls (and wife to Joel). They're the best. 

2 comments:

  1. What a blessing to see my daughter so thrilled with Motherhood,!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, What a wonderful day! I agree with your mom - it's wonderful that you enjoy being a mother. Your enjoyment of your girls and your love for them really shows. :) Cute pics!

    ReplyDelete